Welcome to Points West Living! We are committed to making your new home the best possible place for you to live – both in services and environment. All of your Care Partners ‒ from Alberta Health Services to the Points West Living team, to other residents of your new community ‒ want you to know that we are here to support you and your family.
Each Points West Living community provides a combination of Designated Supportive Living and Independent Supportive Living accommodations and services. The application process you follow depends on which type of service best suits your needs.
Designated Supportive Living (DSL)
- The first step is to call Alberta Health Services -
1-855-371-4122 and answer series of questions on the phone to register for Home Care.
- After that, you will be assigned a AHS Continuing Care Case Manager in your community, who will guide you through the process and help with such things as: applying for medical equipment; Designated Supportive Living program; choosing a seniors community to live in, and more.
- What will it cost? Accommodation costs are payable by the resident and rents are set annually by Alberta Health as outlined at Continuing Care Accommodation Charges.
Independent Supportive Living (ISL)
Independent Supportive Living is arranged directly with the General Manager of your local Points West Living community.
For locations opening soon, please contact our Head Office at 780-423-5959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you submit an application for residence, it will be placed on a waiting list in the order it was received.
- What will it cost? Accommodation costs range from $1,894 to $3,200 per month depending on the location, suite size and services provided. Check out each location for pricing. Deposits and monthly fees are collected prior to move-in.
- An assessment may be required to ensure that an applicant’s health and personal care needs do not exceed the services provided by Points West Living and your local Home Care program.
To start the process, fill in and send us the Points West Living Application for Residence.
Any move can be daunting, but at the same time it’s an exciting new beginning. Think about new and renewed friendships, the great food, and the comfortable home that awaits you. Here are a few transition tips.
When your accommodations have been confirmed, you’ll receive your community’s Resident Handbook so you can get the feel for the life and service options in your new home. Once you’ve had a chance to read through that information, you (or your designate) will be asked to sign residency and payment agreements.
Unless you’ve already downsized to a small apartment or condo, this is your chance to choose your most favorite belongings to bring with you. Once you’ve viewed your suite (or a similar one), you’ll have a better sense of which precious items you will want or need with you in your new space.
Additional information about downsizing:
For Family Members:
When the big day arrives, you can be confident you will receive a warm and personal welcome from everyone in your new home.
Move-in services vary among PWL locations, so be sure to speak with the General Manager about a scheduled move-in time and if equipment may be available to assist you in moving your belongings into place.
Moving to a new home can bring big changes, but rest assured, we are here to help make your transition a smooth one. With the support of our care partners, every new resident first establishes his or her own place of comfort. There are many wonderful opportunities to be socially active, and whether you choose one-on-one interaction or group activities, we ensure that you will find comfort, welcome and support as you settle into your community.
We are here to support and encourage you. Our role is to assist with each resident’s identified needs. By emphasizing assistance over ‘doing for’, we support independence and promote dignity for each resident at all times.